ABOUT THE IIJ
The International Institute for Justice and the Rule of Law (IIJ) is an organisation located in Malta with a mission to deliver innovative and sustainable capacity-building through the implementation of counter-terrorism-related, rule of law-based good practices developed by the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) and other international and regional fora.
Since its inauguration in 2014, the IIJ has trained more than 7000 criminal justice practitioners through its interactive capacity-building workshops – in Malta and abroad – that enhance the competencies of parliamentarians, judges, prosecutors, police, prison, and other criminal justice practitioners to address terrorism and related transnational criminal activities within a rule of law framework. The IIJ delivers capacity-building training tailored to the needs of the regions it serves, including North, West and East Africa; the Middle East; and select engagement in the Balkans, and Central, South and Southeast Asia. For more information on the IIJ, please visit the IIJ’s website www.theiij.org
The Financial Assistant (FA) is an essential contributor who assists the Financial Officer in managing, pro-cessing and troubleshooting account transactions, collecting and recording financial information. Under the supervision of the Director of Administration and Outreach, in cooperation with the Financial Officer, the Financial Assistant shall fulfil the following duties:
• Entering invoices and payments in the accounting system;
• Assisting with the preparation of financial reports for internal use and for submission to donors;
• Assisting with the preparation and monitoring of budgetary expenditures of projects;
• Assisting in the reconciliation of accounts;
• Assisting in the preparation of the VAT returns and other regulatory returns through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
• Maintaining an organized filing system;
• Assisting with day-to-day administrative tasks;
• Performing other tasks as requested and assigned by Management
• A’ level in accounts or in the initial stages to obtain the ACCA or similar qualification;
• Experience in a similar position would be considered an asset;
• Ability to work as part of a team;
• Have good organizational skills;
• Knowledge of Xero software program or other accounting program is considered an asset;
• Professional fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills; and
• Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, ability to establish working relationships with peo-ple of different cultural backgrounds.
All interested applicants meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and a resume/CV to the IIJ Executive Secretariat on email@example.com with “Finance Assistant_2023” in the subject line. The vacancy shall remain open until filled.