ABOUT THE IIJ
The International Institute for Justice and the Rule of Law (IIJ), located in Malta, has a mission to deliver innovative and sustainable capacity-building through the implementation of counter-terrorism-related, rule of law-based good practices developed by the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) and other international and regional fora.
Since its inauguration in 2014, the IIJ has trained more than 7000 criminal justice practitioners through its interactive capacity-building workshops – in Malta and abroad – that enhance the competencies of parliamentarians, judges, prosecutors, police, prison and other criminal justice practitioners to address terrorism and related transnational criminal activities within a rule of law framework. The IIJ delivers capacity-building training tailored to the needs of the regions it serves, including: North, West and East Africa; the Middle East; and select engagement in the Balkans, and Central, South and Southeast Asia. For more information on the IIJ, please visit the Institute’s website at www.theiij.org.
The IIJ is offering a Project Associate Consultancy to assist with preparations required for the ongoing IIJ events including but not limited to the upcoming, “GCTF Criminal Justice and Rule of Law (CJ-ROL) Working Group Plenary Meeting” that will take place in Rome from 27 April 2023.
DURATION OF THE CONSULTANCY
1 February 2023- 30 April 2023
Duties and responsibilities will include
• Under the overall guidance of the IIJ Executive Secretary, the consultant will work under the Director of Administration and Outreach and the Director of Programmes together with Programme Managers on their varied programmes. This includes but not limited to The consultant will be tasked with implementing the “GCTF Criminal Justice and Rule of Law (CJ-ROL) Working Group Plenary Meeting”;
• Providing assistance for the organization, logistics, for IIJ events;
• Providing translation into Arabic and French as needed;
• Coordinating travel arrangements and participation in the event;
• Note taking in meetings and the drafting of written reports;
• Assisting in the monitoring and implementation of programme activities including analysis of achieved outcomes, financial monitoring and reporting;
• Maintaining an organized filing system of any correspondence in this regard in accordance with internal procedures including the preparation and maintaining records, documents, and control plans for the monitoring of the program implementation;
• Drafting contributions to programme related reports and correspondence;
• Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required.
• Performing other duties to support the IIJ’s operational framework as required
CRITERIA & QUALIFICATIONS
The mandatory requirements for this role are as follows:
A university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) in political science, international relations or a related field is required; a master’s degree is considered of an asset.
A minimum of three years of relevant experience in programmatic work.
• Proficiency in French and Arabic;
• Drafting and reporting skills.
• Strong organizational skills
• Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office.
• Professional fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate with all stakeholders with diplomacy, cultural sensitivity and discretion;
• Demonstrated awareness of multicultural dynamics and the ability to work in a team,
while establishing collaborative working relationships with persons from diverse
• Current authorization to work in Malta.
A competitive salary is offered.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All interested applicants meeting the qualifications below are invited to submit a cover letter
and CV to the IIJ Executive Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 25th January 2023 with
“POC_2023” in the subject line.