ABOUT THE IIJ:
The International Institute for Justice and the Rule of Law (IIJ) is an organisation located in Malta with a mission to deliver innovative and sustainable capacity building through the implementation of counter-terrorism-related, rule of law-based good practices developed by the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) and other international and regional fora.
Since its inauguration in 2014, the IIJ has trained more than 7000 criminal justice practitioners through its interactive capacity-building workshops – in Malta and abroad – that enhance the competencies of parliamentarians, judges, prosecutors, police, prison, and other criminal justice practitioners to address terrorism and related transnational criminal activities within a rule of law framework. The IIJ tailors its programmes to the needs of the regions it serves, including North, West and East Africa; the Middle East; and select engagement in the Balkans, and Central, South and Southeast Asia. For more information on the IIJ, please visit the IIJ’s website www.theiij.org
Under the overall guidance of the IIJ Executive Secretary, and the direct supervision of the Director of the Administration and Outreach, the Programme Assistant will be an integral part of a dynamic and multi-national team. The post is initially a fixed-term position for 1 year.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing assistance for the organization, logistics, and implementation of trainings, workshops and other capacity building activities in Malta and overseas within the IIJ geographic region;
- Assisting and supporting the Communications, Monitoring and Evaluation as well as Grants & Resource Moblisation functions of the organisation.
- Coordinating travel arrangements and participation in IIJ organized trainings, workshops and other capacity building activities including through the IIJ internal Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) and in coordination with IIJ service providers;
- Assisting in the monitoring and implementation of programme activities, in coordination with the programmatic team working on a particular event;
- Maintaining an organized filing system in accordance with internal procedures including the preparation and maintaining records, documents, and control plans for the monitoring of the programme implementation;
- Drafting correspondence and contributions to programme, administration and outreach related reports; assist in conducting background for IIJ programming and outreach activities, including funding opportunities;
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required;
- Note taking in meetings and the drafting of written reports;
- Translation of documents as appropriate and required;
- Performing other duties to support the IIJ’s operational framework as required and
- Travelling to overseas workshops when required;
CRITERIA & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of secondary education supplemented by courses in program management and/or administration;
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience;
- University degree (or equivalent) in Business or Public Administration, or a related field is considered an asset.
- Willingness to travel.
- Drafting and reporting skills.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office.
- Professional fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Arabic or French language is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated awareness of multicultural dynamics and the ability to work in a team, while establishing collaborative working relationships with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Current authorization to work in Malta.
All interested applicants meeting the qualifications and personal specifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume/CV to the IIJ Executive Secretariat via HR@theiij.org (CET) clearly stating “PA_AOB2023”and their Full Name in the subject line. The vacancy shall remain open until filled.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered commensurate with prior work experience and profile.