The International Institute for Justice and the Rule of Law (IIJ) is an organisation located in Malta with a mission to deliver innovative and sustainable capacity-building through the implementation of counter-terrorism-related, rule of law-based good practices developed by the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) and other international and regional fora.
Since its inauguration in 2014, the IIJ has trained more than 7000 criminal justice practitioners through its interactive capacity-building workshops – in Malta and abroad – that enhance the competencies of parliamentarians, judges, prosecutors, police, prison and other criminal justice practitioners to address terrorism and related transnational criminal activities within a rule of law framework. The IIJ delivers capacity-building training tailored to the needs of the regions it serves, including North, West and East Africa; the Middle East; and select engagement in the Balkans, and Central, South and Southeast Asia. For more information on the IIJ, please visit the IIJ’s website www.theiij.org
Under the overall guidance of the IIJ Executive Secretary and the direct supervision of the Director of Administration and Outreach, the Administrative Officer will be an integral part of a dynamic and multi-national team. The Administrative Officer will manage the day-to-day administrative functions (as outlined below) in accordance with the IIJ rules and procedures, will serve as the internal security focal point and will work collaboratively with all IIJ Units and Staff.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Administer and manage all offices’ shared services including procurement of general supplies; oversee all offices’ equipment and schedule maintenance with the respective suppliers; coordinate with the lessor on any on maintenance and repairs according to the relevant lease agreement.
- Performing other administrative duties to support the IIJ’s operational framework as required.
Health, Safety, Risk Assessment
- Acting as the Health & Safety Coordinator for the organisation ensuring ongoing guidance to staff members about applicable security, safety measures and also ensures that the security documentation is completed for overseas staff travel.
- In close collaboration with the Director of Administration & Outreach and Procurement & Event Coordination Officer, the Administration Officer will liaise with the IIJ Programme Assistants team to facilitate and ensures smooth preparation and delivery of online and in-person training events.
CRM System and IT
- Acting as IIJ focal point for IT maintenance and support and leading the administration of IIJ’s newly established CRM System.
Budget and Finance
- In collaboration with the Financial Officer, develop and review budgets for grants and events and provide support in monitoring and reporting of spending.
The mandatory requirements for this role are as follows:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration, accounting or a related field.
A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in a similar position or with a professional organisation.
- Drafting and reporting skills
- Computer literate and able to use office applications
- Professional fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated awareness of multicultural dynamics and the ability to work in a team, while establishing collaborative working relationships with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Previous experience with CRM Systems and Databases
- Authorisation to work in Malta
- Knowledge of French and/or Arabic language would be an asset
All interested applicants meeting the qualifications and personal specifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume/CV to the IIJ Executive Secretariat via email@example.com clearly stating “AO2023” in the subject line. The vacancy shall remain open until filled.